Friday, August 29, 2014

Graphic 45 Bird Song - Flip Book

Hello crafters!

Not long ago I've shared a tutorial on making a flip book, and as far as I already made several of them, all that is left to do now is to embellish them and share the results.

Today I'm posting the pictures of the 4.5" X 4.5" flip book I made using "Bird Song" papers by Graphic 45. Instead of making a flip mechanism only on one side of the book, I decided to make it from both sides. I"m quite happy with the outcome.

The flip mechanism works as follows:



You can find the tutorial on making a 6" X 6" flip book in this post.


I did my best making the front cover look as 3D as possible. I made a frame with the transparent sheet and placed several cutout lights inside. I also cut out the birds, a few flowers and added a couple of chipboard elements:


To make the embellishment on the spine, I used a chipboard key and flowers from the collection, embossed the back side of them with a black embossing powder and the front side with a clear one. Added eyelets and hung them to the chains:


The paper is so colorful and beautiful! I love it!


The flip pages are on the both sides of the book:



A closeup of the charms on the spine:




Let me know if you need the measurements for cutting the papers in this book, and I'll be happy to help.

I hope like my today's project!


Hugs,
Alexandra

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic book; yesterday I done mine following your instructions and I was thinking really will be so fun made flipped both sides! How this says???? Telepathy????....do you want to know another thing?????..........I made mine with pockets (like envelope pocket pages) in 2 biggest first pages! je,je.........Thanks honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I'm so looking forward to seeing your result! I'm sure you did several changes and how not when you are sooo creative, right?!

      Sending hugs to Italy!

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome album !!
    Looks very difficult to me ....
    I am going to watch your tutorial again and try it.
    THANKS !!
    XX Christa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christa, thanks for your comment!
      I am telling you this is very easy to make and so addictive too!!

      Hugs,
      Alexandra

      Delete

Thank you for the kind comments!