Monday, November 9, 2015

Baby Blocks Mini Albums - A Year in Review

Hello everyone!

Once I saw this project by Kathy Orta, I knew I had to make it. I must admit that if you are a beginner in scrap booking, you should think twice whether to start to put together "A Year in Review", because it's huge and massive and takes a lot of time and effort (and craft materials too :)).

I've finished my 'Baby Blocks' about 3 months ago, and even took the pictures back then, but somehow didn't get a chance to share the final result with you until today.

The paper collection I used was from Kaisercraft and it's called "Pitter Patter". From the scraps I created my ATC-size Baby Girl Mini Album.

And now to the Baby Blocks.... Here they are:



As Kathy explains in her video, each of the cubes is 6"X6" and holds 4 mini albums. There are 12 minis all together, each for another month of your child's first year life. 


The cubes sit on a drawer-stand, where you can put different whatnots and memorabilia, or even a bigger mini album.


I didn't create the hinged picture frames to house the albums, it was just a lot of extra work and I didn't think it's a necessary step.





I'm so happy that I made this one and cant wait to start filling it with pictures.

The tutorial is available at Kathy's site and there are some other versions which she showcased on her blog


Thanks for watching.


Hugs,
Alexandra



6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is Stunning!! You have put so much work into this!! Beautiful.. all those small mini albums.. I love the sweet Colors and all the Design papers you have used.. Beautiful!.. Great Details and I love the idea of it! Great Design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! This is stunning! Love your choice of colors and the soft look of these albums...truly inspirational !!! Also thanks for all the tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Отличная работа и превосходный дизайн! Спасибо за идею и красоту!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Son una preciosidad. Tienes muy buen gusto. Enhorabuena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's a lot of work, but it looks amazing and a brilliant way to document your baby's first year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Amazing.. Too much of hard work..
    Where can I find the tutorial for this?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!