Monday, September 26, 2016

DIY Notebook with the 'Steampunk Debutante' by Graphic 45

Hello everyone!

I'm here today with the notebook which was created from scratch and embellished with the paper from the Graphic 45 Deluxe Collection "Steampunk Debutante".





For embellishing the cover and the dividers inside the notebook I used a lot of cut out elements. The flowers were all cut from the paper called "Fantasy Floral":






For the closure  I used one of the hitch fasteners by Tim Holtz. The book was bound using the Buttonhole Stitch Binding (this is the tutorial which helped me while I was creating my book).

The book has 8 dividers, and each has more cut out elements from the paper, as well as a bit of stamping using the Graphic 45 Color Box Decades Inks, and die cut gears by Tim Holtz.








On the inside of the front and back covers there are side pockets for the notes, tags and other papers:



I have a video tutorial with all the measurements and explanations on how to make this book. The second part of the tutorial covers a detailed process of the cover embellishing. I share my way of layering multiple elements on the cover. I hope some of you will find it useful :)

Part 1

Part 2

Thanks for visiting me today!


4 comments:

  1. Stuning as always. Fabulous project hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Саша, какой блокнот интересный и необычный переплет. Каптал красиво оформила, спасибо за мк

    ReplyDelete
  3. מקסים. מהמם. מושלם. וההדרכה מצויינת! שתהיה שנה נפלאה!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this project!! Beautifully executed and delightful attention to detail, Alexandra!!
    Just wondering if you used a stamp for your ledger pages?
    Many thanks,
    Teresa C.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!