Friday, February 3, 2017

Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook - Shaker Envelopes Mini Album Tutorial

Hello dear visitors!!

(You can purchase a kit for creating this mini album from "Photographs and Memories Scrapbooking" here: https://goo.gl/fX3DmB)
___________________________________

One of the products by Graphic 45 that I really love are the policy envelopes. You can get them in a variety of sizes:
ATC (3" X 4") (Red, Black)
Square (5.25"x 5.25") (Red, Black
Regular (4.75" x 6.5") (Red, Black)
Large (4.13" x 9") (Red, Black)

In the album which I want to share with you today, I used the regular size and turned the envelopes into the pocket pages, adding a shaker in the middle. The pages/envelopes can be used either for storing pictures (as they are, i.e. not matted), or for putting several photo mats/tags/memorabilia inside. For embellishing the album I used the papers from the Nature Sketchbook collection by Graphic 45.





You can fit 3.5" X 5" photos inside the shaker pages, while each of the 6 pocket pages of the album can hold at least 10 pictures of the stated size. I planned to use the album as a photo holder, that's why the pages are embellished in a minimalistic style, the center of attention is the shaker frame in the middle of each page.



The photo mats are stamped with the various Nature Sketchbook stamp sets. There are 3 sets all together:
Set 1
Set 2
Set 3

  


The pages are attached to the moving spine, which allows to unfold the whole cover of the album completely flat and easily flip through the pages.


Here is a closer look:


By the way, the slides that you see here were created using the stamp and dies set by Paper Artsy - which is called 'Hot Picks Slidemount'. To create a film inside the slides, I colored the acetate squares with different alcohol inks and placed them in between the die cut slides. 

On the spine of the album as well as on the front cover I used several of the chipboard pieces from the Nature Sketchbook collection, as well as the die cut flowers. The rest of the flowers are from I Am Roses:




Here is a video tutorial which I hope you will find useful :)


Thanks for stopping by and have a great creative day.


7 comments:

  1. Stunning work Alexandra! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another absolutely stunning album! Really wish someday you would join us all at the annual La-la Land Retreat as a teacher. We would all be so in awe and so lucky to have you there to teach!!!!! In the meantime, your videos will have to do! Thank you for always being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Patti! Since I am not on the La-La Land Team any more, I guess I will not be joining a Retreat, definitely not as a teacher :)) I am glad you like my videos and consider me a good teacher though.

      Delete
  3. Well isn't this a rockin' project. Done to perfection. Lovely papers. You are very creative :)

    http://sunflowers-dragonflies.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth!!! I appreciate your taking time and leaving me a comment :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Alexandra! I've just watched the video and I have a question to ask you, if you don't mind. When you glue the paper to the chipboard, you use Score tape adhesive. I've just bought an ATG gun. Do you think I would achieve the same results with the ATG gun, or would you advise to use the Score tape brand instead?
    Many thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!