Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Graphic 45 'Nature Sketchbook' - A Box With An Acrylic Lid - Tutorial

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all fine and have some time for crafting :) My today's post is for the Graphic 45 design team and I will share a project followed by a video tutorial which I hope many of you will enjoy, since it is another box, with a pull-out compartment and a notebook! The beautiful paper line is a "Nature Sketchbook" collection by Graphic 45.


The box has a window lid, with a very sturdy acrylic insert, which gives the whole box an absolutely different look and feel. It is more shiny than an acetate sheet, and because of it's weight it turns the box into a substantial and reliable item. 




I've used the butterflies closures from my stash. They have been waiting for their turn for quite a long time, they look just perfect with the Nature Sketchbook paper.

When you open a box, you see the notebook, which is stored on top of the pull-out compartment.



Here are a few more views of the notebook:




Once you take the notebook out, you see the pull-out compartment at the bottom of the box:


I put little cards in there, which were created using the leftover papers. I wish I created them in the ATC size and exchanged with other crafters, but somehow, I did not think about that, and they measure 3" X 4", instead of 2.5" X 3.5" :)







Needless to say that this paper is so very stunning! I stocked up with some spare sheets besides those, which I received in the DT package :))


If you want to see how all this was put together, or even create a similar project for yourself, here is the link to my video tutorial:


And here is the cutting and wrapping guide for your reference:



Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! always admire your neat work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way in which you use the Graphic 45 papers, and especially love your tutorials! Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is completely out of this world gorgeous, and I fell sooo in love with this box, and the idea for it´s use too, right away, it´s soooo beautiful and fabulous in every way. And I totally fell in LOVE with these butterflyclosings, and have been looking around in many different sites to see if I could find them somewhere, but with no luck, so can you please lead me in the direction to, where I can find something like these at least? I would be ever gratefull, if you can, as I really really love these, and I´m making jewelry boxes for my granddaughters, where these would be just perfect, so please help me out here????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maryann. Here is the link to the butterfly closures. Enjoy ;)
      UXCELL Wooden Case Box Butterfly Shape Hasp Lock Latch Bronze Tone 5Pcs
      http://s.aliexpress.com/jyYvUfUj
      (from AliExpress Android)

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely stunning as usual! The amount of time that you takes to make these projects and that you share them for free is really appreciated. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, your projects are beautiful. One question. What size brads do you use.

    Thanks sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4×9 mm.sometimes longer than 9mm, depending on the thickness of the chipboard.

      Delete
  6. love this can you tell me were to get the bugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bugs were from AliEpxress. Just search for "Metal Bugs"

      Delete
  7. When I watch your videos, I feel as if I am watching a 'magic' engineer. Everything is so well thought out and explained, and the results are beautiful,. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!